Monday 7 April 2014

Steampunk: Lightmapping



In order to bring the world to life lighting it is clearly for my environment and we should be dark dingy and smoggy places so there will be a lot of gas lights lighting up the environment in order the play to see the detail and making light mapping will save memory as real-time lights will use a huge amount of memory so light mapping is key






Below are two variations of the light maps that were generated from my light map baiting of the environment








Above are two images of my environment with a fully baked light mapping as you can see the ambient occlusion the world has truly come to life and the lighting looks very realistic as this was only a small render and took about half an hour only using a resolution and pixels of three for my final render I will this up to 50 this will take probably hours but will hopefully show the benefits of having a high raise lightmap

No comments:

Post a Comment