Sunday 1 December 2013

Steampunk Assets: Barrel


another asset which I wanted to dot the canal were barrels below are some research images that I will use in order to help me build a realistic looking barrel.

I started off with a simplecylinder


and while still in the making phase of the cylinder I added in five segments down the sphere


using the animation tool Nonlinear > Flair I was able to extrude out in this move barrel like shape using image below and then I added another segment on the top which I will then extrude down in order to make the barrel seen more 3-D
here is the barrel with the extruded on the top and bottom
here is another view from side of the barrel

below is the texture that I will use on the barrel

below is the 3-D model that I built above textured with the texture I just talked about above
here's the barrel in my lighting with added in spec clarity making the metal part of the barrel shine more than the word as it would do in real life if the light was shining directly at the barrel also I added in a Bump map in order to add texture which can be seen more clearly at the right hand side of the bowel as it disappears into the dark side of the picture

below I decided to extrude the metal rings around the barrel in order to make it look more realistic as I believe the bump map was not providing enough of an extrusion size you can see below I added in these extrusions and then below I showed it again in the light as you can see I believe this makes the barrel look much more realistic as in the previous version of the picture above it looks a very smooth while the one below looks very realistic.


I Was having a look at some tutoral on youtube and I found this one below i found using the flea tool as i did above was alot better then the tecnek he uesd just extruding it up as i think my barrel ended up looking better then his. 


No comments:

Post a Comment