Wednesday 18 December 2013

Steampunk: Steam Truck


A couple of posts ago I made a mood board of various steam trucks and engines and I designed my own steam truck and drew a picture of it I decided to make this into a 3-D model

From this I decided to make the gas lights that will be on the side of the truck I will also be making the final as well



I decided to make the back of the truck which will hold the goods as well as the support which will keep the goods inside the back of the truck



I made the cabin where the driver would sit and the wheels and using the assets I created above I combined to make the steam truck you see below



Steam punky enough so using some previous models I had made I added them onto the truck to see if this made it look more steampunk


I decided to start texturing the truck in a red style this is as far as I got so far as you can see below adding in the style of the yellow lines which I got inspiration from the mood board I'd made in previous posts


Criticism: I am happy with the way the truck is going the only thing I really need to do is add more detail and dirt to the model in order to give a real realistic feel and also possibly dying down the red as it is almost to red to be realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment