Wednesday 18 December 2013

Steampunk: Stone Wharf

From my knowledge of doc lands and the side's other docks there is always a protruding stone or iron stake in order for the ship or barge to be to tie itself down on the side of the wharf I will have 2 protruding out at the top of the wharf and another ring hanging on the side as you can see below I have made these in Maya



I added these to a simple shape as you can see below and handed except pipe which will spew out sewage into that now from the surrounding industrial area


After adding a simple cobble texture to the shape you can see the basic idea and look of the Waterside I am going for


After looking at the model I had made above the came to the conclusion it did not look or feel right I decided to make it simpler as you can see below I made two other variations of this new straight symbolised version 1 for corner going out and one for going in so this could wrap around all the canal edges in my environment




From what I was saying above about wrapping these variations around the canal as you can see below this works fine and it is actually look I was going for





Criticism: I am quite happy with the of the waterside I would still like to add some more detail perhaps I will look at making a new version of the wharf but from now this meets my demands for the environment and now

No comments:

Post a Comment