Thursday 1 May 2014

Steampunk: Refining

Bevelling

Below I have been added bevel's to some of my buildings to help with the light mapping and not having harsh edges has helped speaking to Dan from born ready games he mentioned how many harsh edges there were in the environment and saying that Beveling could really help the environment and when I like map the light wouldn't suddenly end on a harsh edge but gradually curve around it with the sort of afterglow as you can see below adding this bevel has gotten rid of the harsh edges and has added more detail to the environment and makes it look more real unfortunately I don't think I'll have time to bevel everything in the environment but if I'd have done this for all my models I think my environmentcould have been that little better



No comments:

Post a Comment