Friday 2 May 2014

Steampunk: Skills 2

as I mentioned in the previous post  I was going to add more detail to the textures of the new warehouse in Ddo below the first two textures are the old ones and the new ones just after our new textures created in Ddo and be rendered screenshot of the new results on the warehouse.


Above is the main default texture that I got  from CG textures this I changed to a 512x512 texture below this texture is not in the standard size but as this is only a one-off structure I believed using it in its default size was the best choice for quality


now here are the new textures from Ddo as you can see the first thing that is clearly obvious is that this release are darker then their previous textures in these textures I added in leaking from rain and insert and dirt gradually wearing down and leaving its own mark for the marble I decided to do the same rain drips texture as on the brick but with this I decided to add  a faint amount of Moss as you can see this is dirtied up the textures making them look more like an old building than a brand-new one



below are two similar images to the ones in the previous post just with the updated textures from Ddo from afar there is not much difference but up close you can see the building looks a lot more realistic and less clean then you would have seen in the previous pictures


No comments:

Post a Comment