Friday 13 December 2013

Steampunk Assets: Water Tank


















As you can see above I collected some research images of water tanks especially the water tanks on top of the high-rise buildings in New York City I also looked at water tanks that would have supplied old steam engines along the tracks 

From these research images I compiled an image of what I'd like my steam punk water tank to look like this would obviously be a mixture of wood I then and brass in order to give the iconic steam punk look below I started with the bottom and top which will be the same as this will be a drama like shape with curved bottom and top this is what you can see below



After I finished the top and bottom which are the same thing I added in some basic shapes in order to make the supports that'll hold the water tank off the ground 


After finishing the supports I added in a simple cylinder and textured it with a dirty wood texture with mould on it this is because I wanted to give the feel of the waters gradually leaked through the word and the wood has become saturated as you can see below this is the finished product


Criticism: looking at the water tank it doesn't look very dirty or damaged with the look I am going for all so I think I have not added enough ports in order for pipes to enter and adding more detail also I'm still debating on whether changing the brass colour for most of the metal as brass would not be used to hold up a body of water this large I'm debating whether having the bottom and Ryan colour and the brass at the top because brass would not really be a support that body of water

No comments:

Post a Comment